|It’s all happening kids:
JAM AND BISCUITS AT THE CLUBHOUSE
12:00pm — back alley behind 1722 13th ave s.w.
• jam. biscuits. butter. in various permutations.
THE OPPOSITE OF DOING LAUNDRY
2:00pm — edworthy park — picnic site #8
• bring a favourite autumn sweater. we’ll have a small wooden laundry rack and a fire pit. hung properly, and with the wind just right, you’ll come away from the event with your favourite sweater smelling like october wood-smoke — how awesome is that!?! also, s’mores and a yellow kite will be on hand. oh, and a frisbee, if you bring it. weather dependant, y’all — no-one likes wet wool.
NAPPING IN UNUSUAL PLACES (self-directed)
3:00pm — the city of calgary
• self-directed and as per title. participants can, of course, organize amongst themselves if interested in napping with pals. piles and lengthwise rows are especially encouraged.
HUMAN SIZED HAMSTER MAZE / UPSIDE-DOWN BALL PIT (drop-in)
5:30pm – 7:30pm — at the communitywise resource centre, 223 12 ave s.e.
• the way I’m picturing this in my head and the way you’re picturing this in your head may not even be remotely similar. guess we’ll just have to go down and check out if either of us was on the right track.
CYOwn!! MUSICAL ROULETTE
6:30pm — big room with piano, communitywise resource centre, 223 12 ave s.e.
• kind of an improv music type thing. everyone puts their name in a hat, we pick four and they play us a song as a “band.” bring an instrument!
7:30pm, sharp — meet in the foyer, communitywise resource centre, 223 12 ave s.e.
• exploring various rooms, halls, crannies, stairs, tunnels, nooks and the occasional tiny door of the 1909 Old Y building, in the dark, with the lights off — pretty much like the cover of a Nancy Drew novel! Philip, who knows his way around the building really well (and has a pretty good headlamp) will lead us. bring a flashlight and clothes which you don’t mind getting dusty!
GHOST STORY TELLING COMPETITION
8:30pm — hosted by humble wonder at the smoke house 68 6A st n.e. (bridgeland)
• we dare you to bring your most hair-raising ghost stories to our backyard campfire for a spook-tacular showdown. you bring your warm clothes and cozy blankets – we’ll bring the hot chocolate. and the nightmares. no scaredy cats allowed.
STARGAZING IN OUR PARENTS’ STATION WAGONS (self-directed)
10:00pm onwards — on a small dirt road, just outside the city limits
• self-directed and weather dependant but, if your parents actually do own a station wagon that you could borrow and the sky is starry, you pretty much gotta do this now that you’ve read it! you should totally invite us along too; this sounds amazing!